Tuesday, October 1, 2013

So... The Game WAS Cheating??? - DA DERP!



You know, I'm an avid supporter of the idea that, if you mess up in a game, then it's YOUR fault. Not the game, not the games DESIGNER, as many amateur critics like to try to say, but YOUR fault. You're the one who put yourself in that position to fail, and therefore it is your fault.

But when I hear about THIS from the Huffington Post, well...

In a recent interview with ESPN The Magazine, the seminal video game's lead designer, Mark Turmell, revealed "Jam" was rigged against the Bulls. Turmell, a Bay City, Mich. native (and avowed Pistons fan) told the magazine:

"If there was a close game and anyone on the Bulls took a last second shot, we wrote special code in the game so that they would average out to be bricks. There was the big competition back in the day between the Pistons and the Bulls, and since I was always a big Pistons fan, that was my opportunity to level the playing field."


So... I guess they were... right??? Sometimes???

My world has just caved in on itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment