Friday, November 29, 2013

Rare 1984 Video of Steve Jobs Introducing the Original Macintosh Computer!


We've all seen this legendary 1984 Superbowl commercial which, of course, was very much inspired by George Orwell's novel 1984! If you haven't (and if this is indeed the case, you better up your pop culture skills), here it is:


This was HUGE during that time! As a youngin, I had no idea what a Mac was... hell, I was certain that the only systens available were the C64, Intellivision and Atari (because 4 year olds are very egocentric, and as that was what WE had, I'd assumed that's all there was out there). BUT... I recognized this commercial.

Now we have a very interesting video of Steve Jobs introducing the very same Macintosh... this time in front of an EXTREMELY receptive crowd!


I always find this kind of ephemera irresistible. I just love how into all the now-primitive capabilities of the Mac they were!

0 comments:

Post a Comment