Monday, January 7, 2013

ASTROSMASH Review (Intellivision) - PRIXEL DERP



How often is it that a game plays a big hand in your life? I mean, really big. Like, it brought upon the birth of someone, big. Ok, obviously I'm going to have to explain THAT one...

In this edition, Prixel Derp's Chris "Sledge" Douglas takes a look at 1981's Astrosmash, for the Intellivision. Designed by John P. Stohl for Mattel Electronics, this game is not only a ridiculously addictive shooter, its also quite possibly the only game that will adjust it's difficulty level as you play! And this tension... well, you'll see...


The Breakdown:

Small Asteroid - 10 Points
Large Asteroid - 20 Points
Sattelite - 100 Points
Missile - ???
UFO - ???

Interesting note... in doing research for this review, I checked out Gamefaqs.com's ONLY FAQ for this game.

The guy only got 2,450 points...

You can get that well within a few minutes.

How much can I get???

Well, in the video I reach 40k... but I HAVE gotten upwards of 60k...

I don't know who should be more ashamed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment