Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sledge's Gaming Journal - The NintendoAge High Score Contest is Back! This time, Mario Bros.!

So, after a subpar performance in the last contest, I have high hopes in doing much better this time... and with Mario Bros., a game I poured hours into, things are looking up!

Here are the rules, from NA itself:

This week's game is gonna be an arcade classic, Mario Bros. (NOTE: this is NOT Super Mario Bros. This is the arcade Mario Bros.) Here are the rules:

Play on 1 Player Game A
Play until Game Over
To get your score, start a new game and take a picture. Your score will be the high score
If you roll the score, be sure to take your picture right before you roll the score and right after to prove you past 1 million points
No point racking allowed
Highest score wins
GENRE: Arcade




Score: 146870
Phase 19 or 20... sadly I've forgotten. I do think it was 19.

This is the highest score I can remember achieving since I got the game for my 10th birthday. Needless to say, despite the fact that it won't come close to some of the other great players, I'm plenty proud of what I got!

Oh, and by the way, congrats to my colleague DropkickOrange for his standing in the previous contest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment